I believe God is always up to something new and something great. Twenty-five years ago the Northern Virginia Board of Missions sent Rev. Milton Marks to start a church in the Lake Ridge area of Woodbridge. While there were other United Methodist Congregations up and running in this area, the Annual Conference felt there were people in our area who were not connecting with God through Christ, and knew we had the potential to reach people and change lives. And the rest, as they say is history.
Pastor Burton Robinson
A word of thanks goes out to the members of the 25th Anniversary Planning Team for a great event on August 26 to celebrate the start of Old Bridge UMC. Special thanks are given to team members Donelle Saunders, Sally Adams, Lee Pearre, Lori Zylich, Linda Harris, Kathy McCray, and Joe Gordon for their work on the planning team. Additional thanks go out to all the individuals who helped with the meal and the program on Sunday.
Reflections on the Anniversary Celebration! (excerpt from the September 2012 issue of The Bridge Quarterly)
Our First Year TimeLine:
• Early 1986 – NVBM Purchases Church Site
• May 1987 – NVBM Purchases Parsonage
• 1 July 1987 – Rev Milton Mark & family arrives
• August 1987 – First Church Meeting in Parsonage
• 30 August 1987 – First Church Service at Springwoods Elementary School
• 22 November 1987 – Naming Celebration
• 20 December 1987 – Church Chartered
Read more about our history! (excerpt from the June 2012 issue of The Bridge Quarterly)